Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dear God,

When your heart is so broken and your body is so tired from the twist and turns of the "no" it isn't always the wringing that makes you give. This was my excuse when hearing the whole glass half full half empty speech...and who hasn't heard these well intended words at some point in their life?  But you had already been working in my heart as I was previously praying for happiness. This prayer is very much unlike my usual more specific prayers.  I had decided to let you decide what will make me happy...after all who knows me more intimately than you do?  So having heard this "glass half full" bit many times....this time it actually stuck.  Things are looking different to me now...somehow I am able to put away my brokenness. Laughter is coming to me with a greater ease and tears....are quicker in joy.  I'm pretty sure-no...I'm positive that in no way will I be cured of or immune to negative thoughts but there is hope for me yet that I too can see my glass half full.  

No comments:

Post a Comment