Tuesday, August 23, 2011

sympathy pains

My husband and I share children, a house, a bank account, and apparently every illness or disorder that comes our way. It's true. We have identical digestive tracts and we take the same medications.  It was no surprise that last Saturday morning when I woke up with a pain that started in my shoulder blade, slightly to the right hand side and radiated up into the base of my skull-as did my husband.  Same pain, same side.  I went to the doctor and described to the nurse my symptoms and added that my husband was also experiencing these symptoms.  I waited my turn for the doctor and when he came in, he looked down at his chart and laughed.  I had to ask what was so funny and he says to me "Mrs. Peed, the note from my nurse reads:Patient and husband are pains in each others neck.."

No comments:

Post a Comment